Solar Shop Group is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Act”) and any applicable state or territory legislation that applies in relation to any Personal Information collected by Solar Shop Group.
This document outlines Solar Shop Group’s policy for the protection of Personal Information collected in accordance with the Act.
In this Policy:
“Solar Shop Group” refers to CEE tas Solar Shop Group Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 72 619 505 547).
“Personal Information” is defined in the Act as “any information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion”. Such information may include your name, phone, mail, email, date of birth and other information you choose to provide or required for the purposes of dealing with Solar Shop Group as a customer, potential customer, supplier, job applicant, stakeholder, contractor or in some other capacity which may identify you.
“Preferred Partner” refers to Solar Shop Group’s Preferred Partners for the time being are set out on the Website and may change from time to time.
“Website” refers to Solar Shop Group’s website, solarshop.com.au.
How Personal Information will be collected
Solar Shop Group may collect Personal Information directly from you, including your name, address, contact number and email when you:
- contact us by phone, mail, email or visit our website;
- make an enquiry about a product or service;
- purchase a product or service;
- enter any competition or special offer.
- Your Personal Information may also be collected by Solar Shop Group’s from publicly available sources or third parties.
Should you provide Solar Shop Group with Personal Information about another person, you must obtain their consent and let them know about this policy, prior to giving their information.
How your Personal Information may be used
Solar Shop Group’s use of Personal Information will be limited to:
- answer your questions and to provide you with information regarding products and services of Solar Shop Group and of our Preferred Partners;
- provide you with customer service;
- process transactions for the supply and/or delivery of products and/or services by our Preferred Partners or Solar Shop Group as requested by you;
- offer you products and services of Solar Shop Group and/or of our Preferred Partners or third party organisations offering complimentary products or services which may be of interest to you, unless you advise that you do not wish to receive such further marketing (refer to our opt out option below);
- meet our legal obligations;
- manage and resolve any complaints and issues;
- carry out internal administrative functions;
- monitor and record phone calls for the purposes of training and customer service;
- consider job applications for employment with Solar Shop Group;
- market research; and
- other purposes with your consent, whether written, verbal or implied.
- Solar Shop Group will not use or authorize the use of your Personal Information for any purpose other than as set out above or for any other purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your Personal Information.
Your Personal Information may be used for the purpose of direct marketing to keep you informed about a range of services which may be of interest to you.
If your phone number is registered on the “Do Not Call Register”, by providing Solar Shop Group with your phone number, you consent to receiving phone calls from Solar Shop Group and acknowledge and agree that such calls will not constitute unsolicited telemarketing calls under section 11 of the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
At any time you may opt out of receiving any direct marketing or communications from Solar Shop Group by contacting our office on 1300 786 769. Alternatively:
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By writing in to Ground Floor 99 Coventry Street South Melbourne 3205
Solar Shop Group will only disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- To a third party organisation offering complimentary products or services which may be of interest to you, unless you advise that you do not wish to receive such further marketing (refer to our opt out option above);
- To your representative with your consent, which may be given in writing, verbal or implied from your conduct or as nominated by you as your executor, trustee or legal representative. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your representative undertakes to protect your privacy; and/or
- To our accountants and legal advisors, service providers, payment systems operator, financial institution, law enforcement agency or government authorities as reasonably required.
Protection of your Personal Information
- Personal Information collected by Solar Shop Group will be stored by Solar Shop Group in hardcopy and/or electronic form. Solar Shop Group takes reasonable measures to keep all Personal Information secure and protected from interference, misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and will be restricted to persons properly authorised.
- If Solar Shop Group determines that your Personal Information is no longer needed for the particular purpose it was collected, Solar Shop Group will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that Personal Information.
- Access to your personal information
- You may request access to your Personal Information held by Solar Shop Group by writing to Solar Shop Group at the address stated below. Where Solar Shop Group holds information that you are entitled to access, it will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it at your expense.
- Access to Personal Information may be refused in certain circumstances, such as where it would impact the privacy of others, for legal reasons, prejudicial to an enforcement body, reveal commercially sensitive information, pose a risk to the life or safety of an individual or if the request is frivolous or vexatious.
- If you believe that your Personal Information held by Solar Shop Group is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate or irrelevant, please contact Solar Shop Group at email@example.com or by callings us on 1300 786 769.
Whilst our Website operates in a secure environment and is professionally hosted, when using the Website you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although Solar Shop Group strives to protect your Personal Information, Solar Shop Group does not warrant the security of any information transmitted to it over the Internet. Any information transmitted to Solar Shop Group over the Internet is done so at the risk of the person or organisation transmitting the information.
“Cookies” may be collected by our Website and used by Solar Shop Group to improve our customer service and for statistical and marketing purposes. This information may include your Personal Information as well as non-personal data such as the server address, domain name, date and time of visiting the Website, pages accessed, previous site you visited, whether you have visited our Website previously and the type of web-browser used.
Solar Shop Group is not responsible for the contents or practices of any links to third party websites which are provided on our Website and does not endorse such websites.
Complaint or further information required
Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Solar Shop Group, should be made in writing to Solar Shop Group:
We will respond within 30 days. Any breach of this Policy will be investigated and appropriate action will be taken to prevent any further breach.
Further information on privacy legal requirements can be obtained from the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or phone 1300 359 779.
This Policy is current as at 01 June 2017.